Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Update

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful notes, phone calls, and prayers. Colin is feeling much better and was able to walk on crutches after the first two days. He went in to the doctor's this morning and the preliminary check looks good. He'll go see a radiologist and orthopedist later just to make sure there are no ligament tears or misplaced bones :( But we think everything is alright now. He'll have to wear a splint for awhile and has limited mobility because of it, but at least it's nothing more serious. The hardest part for me has been the taking care of all things by myself, but this goes to Colin's credit that I was so used to his constant help with the kids and the house that it is so hard to do without him :) As for baby, no signs of an appearance yet. I did have a doctor appointment today but I ended up waiting to be seen for an hour and eventually had to leave without being seen at all so that I could get back home to watch the kids before Colin's meeting started. I'll try and get back over there in the next couple of days, but really I'm hoping to go into labor on my own so that's not a problem. My mom's hoping for the baby to come on Thursday which is her birthday, and the thought appeals to me too if for no other reason than one less date to remember :)

Once again, thank you for your love and support everyone! I hope my next communique is baby news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news! We would still love to help you. Know the offer is there.

Marie said...

Glad to know Colin is on the mend.

Your new baby is considerately waiting until things settle down -

I tried to have E. on my mother's birthday but missed it by a day! Oh well, it's still easy to remember.

Did you know my oldest is getting married tomorrow? We are freaking out over here.

Duchess of Fife said...

Carl, thank you! We appreciate that very much.

Marie, that is great news! Congratulations to you all. I cannot believe that Jake is such a man already, wasn't he still just a kid last I checked? We pray for a great wedding. Many blessings!