The kids were playing outside today in the waterhose and were surprised by this little guy trying to join in their fun. Poor thing, I bet he didn't plan on this kind of party! He probably just thought God was finally sending him some rain. Well, the kids had a blast even if he didn't.
Friday, July 28, 2006
Posted by Duchess of Fife at 12:38 PM
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Last night, I decided I was not going to wake up to the dirty refrigerator again- can you say, "nesting?" So after all the other kids were put to bed, Gracie and I got to work cleaning it out. At first I employed her help just for practice, but in the end she was an actual help to me! We got the whole thing done in under half an hour. The whole thing was a pleasure to me, but more so than seeing the sparkling white interior, was the joy of working with my daughter. I must admit, I heard this day would one day come, but I never actually believed it would! Thanks to the Lord for His faithfulness in His promises, for this encouragement, and for giving us both the ability to accomplish such a task - that's no small thing for me at almost nine months prego!
Posted by Duchess of Fife at 2:15 PM
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
This weekend was full of special occurrences.
1. First we had a guest preacher at church on Sunday. When he got up to preach I got excited because he had a British accent and I thought how fun for Colin to have someone from the mother land to talk to. Afterwards, Colin did get a chance to talk with him. Turns out he hails from Houston of all places and got his accent from diction lessons! Well, I thought it was a little too weird to have a British, reformed, Woody Allen impersonator preaching at our church. Too many distincitves and it just gets plain creepy. :)
2. We drove down to Redeemer OPC in Pflugerville Sunday evening to hear the great 81 year old G.I. Williamson preach. He was sharp as a tack and his preaching was fantastic!
3. On the way home we HAD to stop for some gas (part of the problem with spontaneous road trips on Sunday). Anyway, the gas station was in front of a field, and while we sat there we saw skydivers swarming the skies right in front of us. Turns out that field is where the Skydivers Temple land. They were swooping in and out - we were so excited to be treated to an unexpected show!
4. This is out of order chronologically, but sobeit! Anyway, last week Colin bought me a laptop that my sister had found and picked up for us. It was a great deal and it has been so nice to be able to be mobile while on the computer. It also helps because I can sit on something soft and cushy so my pelvic bones don't hurt so bad.
5. I'm thirty-four weeks now. Baby's heart rate was in the 150's. Hmmm....
6. There's not much to say here , but I want to get to number seven because....
7. Monday was our seventh year anniversary!! My mom came over to babysit and even cleaned house as a surprise for me while we were gone. Colin and I had a nice time going out to eat then out to Barnes and Noble. It was so relaxing and we laughed a lot and got to talk a lot - how wonderful :)
Posted by Duchess of Fife at 9:21 AM
Monday, July 17, 2006
Okay, it's official...I'm entering into third trimester pregnancy induced psychosis. I am crying at anything, griping about everything, and comfortable in nothing. Please pray for my poor family who has to endure such a mom/wife. Today Colin made me cry for commenting that my legs looked like tree trunks due to the pitting edema. It's actually completely true, and doesn't really hurt my feelings because I know it will go away within a few days of giving birth, but I cried anyway because the swelling just makes me feel so uncomfortable. It's somewhere in the 100's outside today. Depending upon who you ask it got up to somewhere between 103 and 107. I don't think the a/c is working properly. Also, I don't think the refrigerator is properly cooling the water. It still feels just lukewarm to me. I cried twice at church on Sunday. Why do I do that? I hate it when I do that! Unfortunately, I'm learning that this is all a part of the joys of the last few months of pregnancy for me. Not everyone acts like this, I know it's true. I'm not trying to make excuses, just giving reasons. Really, just consider this your public service announcement. "We interrupt this regularly scheduled personality to fine tune the body of the next coming Gunn child. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please stand by..." (really loud annoying beep - actually that's the sound of me whining about the heat)
Posted by Duchess of Fife at 9:13 PM
Thursday, July 13, 2006
I thought I'd give an update on the pregnancy and the household happenings. Knox pottytrained himself completely a few weeks ago. We celebrated by going to see Cars at the the theater. It was fun but would've probably been more fun just to rent a movie at home - not to mention cheaper :) Gracie turned six this last week. We'll have a party tomorrow night with the family. I've got just over seven weeks to go in this pregnancy which is great, except that it's 100 degrees outside with no sign of letting up. Sigh... the thought of being pregnant during August makes me want to take a long nap. The upside is that the baby is kicking away, and I'm getting very excited to meet him/her. Did I mention that the heartrate was in the 170's this week? Me thinks it's a her :) but we shall see...
Posted by Duchess of Fife at 8:40 PM