Thursday, May 19, 2005

An Intimate Moment with Father and Son

Here is an excerpt from Jonathan Edwards' autibiographical account of his awakening to God's love. It is the story of an earthly father but more importantly the overwhelming love of our true Father.

"Not long after I first began to experience these things, I gave an account to my father of some things that had passed in my mind. I was pretty much affected by the discourse we had together; and when the discourse was ended, I walked abroad alone, in a solitary place in my father's pasture, for contemplation. And as I was walking there, and looking up on the sky and clouds, there came into my mind so sweet a sense of the glorious majesty and grace of God, that I know not how to express. I seemed to see them both in a sweet conjunction; majesty and meekness joined together; it was a sweet, and gentle, and holy majesty; and also a majestic meekness; an awful sweetness; a high, and great, and holy gentleness."

How wonderful and kind of our Father to show his lowly son a bit of His glory. A great Daddy delighting Himself in sharing an intimate moment with his child.

To read more go to JonathanEdwards.com

0 comments: